Workplace safety is an issue for all organisations and can be a responsibility of yours whether you are a business owner, employer, director, commercial landlord, property owner or are carrying out commercial activities in any other capacity.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 upholds obligations for employers to ensure safety in the workplace, and can impose significant monetary and other penalties if breaches occur. Employers who fail to meet workplace safety responsibilities can become liable to significant fines and even criminal prosecution.
Our experienced team can assist you in providing hands-on practical advice in this difficult area of the law and have experience acting for employers in prosecutions under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
If you need a Health and Safety lawyer, we can assist with:
- Advising as to your health and safety obligations
- Reviewing your operational procedures, audit and reporting processes
- Developing health and safety compliance plans
- Assisting you in handling WorkSafe NZ investigations if an incident does occur
- Managing and defending prosecutions in the district and high court
- Advising on one-off health and safety issues